Terms and Policies
Here’s The Rules, Ya’ll:
1. Have fun in these vans!
We hope you’ve made the right choice for your adventure, but we are not responsible to pay you back if you are not having fun, or have not made the right choice for your adventure.
2. Don’t trash the van, or we will have to charge you a $200 cleaning fee.
To avoid the cleaning fee, don’t smoke (anything) in the van, and take care of the interior.
3. Return the van on time, with the same amount of gas that you drove away with.
A $5/gal fee will be deducted from your security deposit for refueling. The late fee is ¼ of the booking rate per hour (4 hours late is charged for an extra day). You’re responsible to pay the full booking, even if you pick your van up late or bring it back early.
150 miles/day included. Additional .35/mile thereafter.
The first 150 miles per day are already included with additional travel charged at .35/mile thereafter.
However, we know that a road trip sometimes requires a bit more distance. That’s why we offer additional milage packages.
- 500 additional miles for $120 (.24¢/mile)
- 1,000 for $220 (.22¢/mile)
- 1,500 miles for $300 (.20¢/mile)
- 3,000 miles for $540 (.18¢/mile)
5. You’re responsible to pay for damage to the interior or exterior of the vehicle.
Your insurance will cover major damage to the exterior, but it doesn’t cover damage to the interior, nor minor road damage like windshield or tire damage. We offer (optional) additional insurance if you would like to buy this, so that you don’t have to worry about the stuff that your insurance won’t cover. If you’re in an accident, call the police (911) and then call us: 828-772-1097. For minor damage that doesn’t involve another vehicle, call us.
6. Super important!
Only drivers who are listed on the rental agreement can drive the van. If someone not listed on the agreement has an accident, the insurance will not cover it, and this will be very expensive for the renter that signed the agreement. Drivers must have a valid driver’s license. Check the expiration date of your license! We cannot hand you the keys if your license will expire during the reservation.
7. Other things that would get expensive for you:
If you’ve given us the wrong information (like a fake ID) and something happens, you would be totally financially responsible for any issues. Don’t drive it under the influence (there’s no need – you’re already home!) and don’t climb around up top. Don’t break the laws of the road or drive like a jerk, and be careful on unpaved roads. Passenger and driver must wear seatbelts, so don’t hide your buddies under the bed – it’s not safe, and the insurance won’t cover you.
8. If it breaks down, we’ll do our best to get you back on the road promptly.
If necessary, we will refund the remainder of your booking.
9. Lock it up.
We’re not responsible for your stuff, and we expect you to protect our stuff. If anything happens, call the police (911) and then call us: 828-772-1097.
10. Deposit, cancellation fees, and other possible fees:
There is a damage deposit that will be refunded when you bring the van back in good condition. You have 150 miles/day included in the rental charge, and then will be charged .35/mile thereafter. We can take these fees out of your deposit, but you’re responsible for any fees, even if they exceed the security deposit.
- Renters will receive a full refund for all cancellations made at least 30 days prior to the rental start date.
- Renters will receive a 50% refund for all cancellations made at least 14 days prior to the rental start date.
- Less than 14 days prior to the rental start date, the booking in non-refundable.
- Booking will be cancelled if renter does not have a valid driver’s license at the time of rental. No refund will be given for a cancellation due to ineligible driver.
- A 24-hour cancellation grace period is given to all bookings made at least 7 days prior to the rental start date. For all bookings made within 7 days of the rental start date, a 1-hour grace period is given. If a booking is cancelled during a grace period, a full refund will be granted.
12. Valid license. You must have a valid driver’s license and be at least 24 years old to rent. We are required by law to check your license at the time of rental. If your license is expired or you do not have it with you, the rental will be cancelled according to the cancellation policy above.
13. Pets are welcome.
There is no additional fee for bringing your pet in the adventure van: UEV 1. Pets are approved for UEV 2 (the Travato) on a case-by-case basis. Be aware that your insurance doesn’t cover damage to interior of the camper, so you will be charged directly for any interior damage. Optional additional damage insurance is available for purchase at $20/day.
Urban Escape Vehicles Website Privacy Policies
Information we collect and store
Location, IP address and browser type:
We’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping on merchandise, or to improve our website and services.
We’ll ask you to enter this so we can complete your booking, and for shipping merchandise.
We will store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them. Driver’s license information: to ensure that we are renting to a qualified driver.
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password.
We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- How long information is stored
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for three years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
Who has access:
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent; and customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
What we share with others:
We may share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you, for their purpose of analytics, marketing, payment gateways, shipping providers, and third-party services.
We accept payments through Square. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Square, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.